I keep my Project Euler solutions available here, which should give you a good feel for how I write code "in the small".
While working at SumAll, the engineering team was able to release some Haskell libraries as open source. Here are those libraries to which I've contributed a notable amount.
- canteven-log: added support for monad-logger and harmonized formats across hslogger and monad-logger
- canteven-snap: lift all exported functions from Snap a to MonadSnap m => m a
- eureka-client: initial implementation. Unfortunately this library is somewhat confusing and underdocumented, like the service it's designed to communicate with.
- canteven-listen-http: implementation
In addition to actually writing software, I consider it important to share knowledge and experience with other developers and the wider software community. Here are some samples of my human language work.
- How do you review PRs?. I believe this article highlights my ability to focus with meticulous detail on process or workflow issues.
- Three Up, Three Down about Haskell
- Map of numeric types in Haskell. This diagram actually has a bug but I haven't been able to fix it since I'm no longer employed at SumAll.
As I am very interested in the open source world, from time to time I try to make a contribution. Here is a list of all the bug reports or patches I've gotten accepted and a few that weren't. This should give you a good feel for the kinds of stuff I dabble in.
- unknown TLS error. Since I reported this bug, it hasn't been diagnosed or fixed, though it's still affecting lots of people.
- IDLE support. This is not as much a technical accomplishment as it seems; this is mostly based on work by James Bunton, and I think IDLE support in offlineimap is still a little unstable.
- compiling against new ODE requires dInitODE()
- rename __new__ to __cinit__ for new Pyrex version
- add support for LMotor
- rename CCylinder to Capsule
- add support for Cylinder
- various cleanups
- add preliminary support for Heightfield
I was granted commit access in June 2007.